Estonia is a very rich country in terms of touristic areas. This touristic wealth has been formed by the development of technology and the preservation and modernization of historical buildings. Estonia is known as the digital city of Northern Europe. Neighboring with Latvia, Finland and Russia, this country has many touristic areas famous for its natural beauties. Some of the touristic places in Estonia are:
- Tallinn Old Town: The old town, which hosts popular historical buildings in the capital city of Tallinn, was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1997. Construction of buildings in the old city 13. and 16. dates back centuries. Some deteriorations in this historical structure took place during the First World War. Tallinn Old Town is one of the touristic places of Estonia with its cultural and historical texture.
- Oleviste Church: The 12th Church in Tallinn, the capital. It is one of the popular touristic destinations of Estonia, built in the 19th century. The church is also known as St. Olaf’s Church. Oleviste Church 14, which is 24 meters in length. For centuries it held the title of the tallest building in the world. Apart from being a place of worship for Baptist-Protestant people, this church is a touristic place due to its historical beauty. The Oleviste Church is a tourist attraction open daily from 10:00 to 18:00.
- Haanja Nature Park: This nature area, which is one of the touristic places in Estonia , attracts the attention of tourists with its lakes, rivers and lush forests. Haanja Nature Park has an area of approximately 17,000 hectares. It is a touristic area that the Estonian people visit for the weekend.
- Otepaa: This tourist attraction in Estonia is a town located in the city of Valga. This town is known for its magnificent natural landscapes. The town also has 12 kilometers of nature trails for cyclists. Otepaa tourist area is located in the south of Estonia.
- AHHAA Science Center: Located in the Estonian city of Tartu, this science center is the largest and most developed science center of the Baltic countries. Although the establishment purpose of the AHHAA Science Center is to promote science and technology, this place is among the touristic places in Estonia. This science center is a foundation established by the University of Tartu. This science center tries to explain the importance of science and technology to people by participating in many scientific activities.
- Kuressaare Castle: Located on the Estonian island of Saaremaa, this historical castle has a great touristic significance. The walls of the castle 14. It was started to be built in the 19th century. Kuressaare Castle is surrounded by lush forests. In this case, it provides both natural environment and historical structure to people who want to visit touristic places.
- Toompea Castle: It is a historical castle located on Toompea hill in Tallinn, the capital city of Estonia. Toompea Castle 9. It is a cultural richness whose construction was completed in the 19th century. Today, this castle is one of the touristic places of Estonia and hosts the Estonian Parliament.
- Parnu Beach: It is a beach belonging to Parnu Bay, located in the Estonian city of Parnu. Parnu beach has swings, water sports equipment and a mini golf course for tourists. People who do not want to see only historical buildings during their visit to Estonia can go to this beach to sunbathe or enjoy the beach by swimming. At the same time, various activities are provided to the tourists with mud bath activities held on the beach. A bicycle track has been created in order to provide transportation to Parnu beach by bicycle. This beach, which is one of the touristic places of Estonia, hosts thousands of people every year.
A person wishing to see tourist attractions in Estonia must be a European citizen or have a Schengen visa. Located in Tallinn, the capital of Estonia, Lennart Meri Tallinn Airport is both the largest airport in the country and only 4 kilometers from the city. The touristic places in Estonia come to the fore both with their historical structure and with their modernization with the developing technology.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Work with Advist in your EU Settlement Process.
Get a residence and work permit in the country you want in Europe!